View Single Post
Old 7 Jan 2004, 16:12 (Ref:830663)   #26
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by gaines
What if Tony George hadn't of done what he did? Do you guys think CART would still be going strong or do you think Penske, Ganassi and the rest of bad politics mixed with the horrible management we used to have would have shot the cost of racing to near F1 proportions? I don't agree with what TG did but let's face it, the series was out of control, had it not gotten into that state in the first place TG wouldn't have done what he did. He was just one of the sharks in the shark tank. Given the same chance Penske, Ganassi and some of the others would have done the same thing. Maybe not the same way but they would have held the Indy 500 up for ransom and tried to grab all the power. I guarantee it. It's just a shame a bunch of millionaires act like little kids. TG's pitiful, "It's my ball and I'll go home if you don't like my rules!" Indy 500 tactics and everybody else's, "It's not fair (Insert Honda, Toyota here) gets more money than I do, (Insert Rahal, Penske, Ganassi, Forsythe, etc) get more privileges than I do." **** screwed up the series. Yes TG is a bunghole and a half but he's not the only one!