View Single Post
Old 22 Jan 2004, 18:47 (Ref:847268)   #12
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Regarding the expense of the conversions, this is my point.

Previously conversions were expected to be very expensivve, but now they will only consit of bodywork changes.

Similar in fact to Pescarolos bodywork updates in there scaope.

Lola have already said they will be producing a new car, and a bodywork update kit.

I can't see the hybrids being quicker than new LMP1 cars, seeing as the ACO belive current LMP900 cars, with only a slightly smaller rear wing and fuel tank, will be slowr than new LMP1 cars.

The top teams will all buy new LMP1/2 cars, this rule just gives current cars a little more life, and the potential for teams to sell on there cars. Similar infact to how the Lola B2K/40 has been given a new lease of life with the LMP2 regs.

Most teams will buy the new Lola, and so I so not think they will be short of business.

Other manufactuer will build cars if there is demand. In Group C only Porsche and Sppice were building competitive customer cars. In LMP1 you only need 2 manufactuers building cars to produce good racing.

Its supply and demand, and Lola have already moved there LMP1/2 plans forward by confirming there new car will actually be built due to the upturn in interest in protoypes.

Last edited by JAG; 22 Jan 2004 at 18:49.