Thread: The Warn button
View Single Post
Old 25 Jan 2004, 02:13 (Ref:849791)   #1
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
The Warn button

Whats is it? When should I use it? What happens? This topic came up in the Zero Tolerance thread so I thought I'd post this here.

It really is a great feature that can help the mods maintain the high standards we are all used to. Although we try to read everything, you must remember there are 1000's of posts and its almost impossible for us to read them all.

So the warn feature is for members that think a post should get our attention.

Some think its only for a situtation when a post should be deleted. It can be used for any reason you think we need to look at it.

- The post is flame bait
- Autocensor dodging
- You want to bring a particlar poster to our attention
- A thread is going off topic
- Anything you think we need to look at

What happend when you press it?

When you hit the 'warn' button alarms, flashing red lights and sirens go off and the swat team is deployed. All available units will immediately arrive at the scene to 'take the subject out'.

When you use it, you will be asked for a reason. Enter the reason and press send. An email will go out to all the forum moderators. When we read this email, we get your name, a link to the post, and the reason you stated. The member who's post you warned us about does'nt know about it.

The mod will take the appropriate (if any) action. Dont get upset if we dont take the action you were hoping for, sometimes we are privy to a bit more info than you.

Hope this clears thing up for you.

Cheers

Wrex

PS Dont warn us about AMoffat either, we already know about him