View Single Post
Old 9 Feb 2004, 12:23 (Ref:868136)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Actually attending a drive day would have to be the most boring day a driver and/or a team can ever go thru.

Fill the car with people, take the pics, close the door, start the beast, one warmup, one 8/10ths flyer, one cool down, get everyone out of the car, get the pics.... check the tyre pressures... go again...

... on and on and on... till the ride car is almost out of juice, and they use the old fuel churns to throw another 40L of Shell's finest aboard...

Dont get me wrong, the passengers love the experience, but I doubt the driver or the team gets a lot out of it.

No data systems on, no tyre pyrometers, no telemetry, nothing....
“Although people make unpleasant comments when things I write do not come true, I am simply keeping readers up to speed of what is being discussed. If things turn out differently, it does not mean that these things were never discussed. Still, as I often say, you can take what I write or ignore it - and I really do not care. I’m simply trying to let you into the world of such discussions in F1.” - Joe Saward, Green Notebook from Saint-Doulchard