View Single Post
Old 13 Feb 2004, 23:34 (Ref:873685)   #2
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, the first IROC series race is history, and I think our guys faired reasonably well.

Out of the 3 IRL drivers, Sharp ran very well. He was able to latch onto and keep with the NASCAR guys very well, and ran as high as 3rd for a number of laps. Helio and Dixon were running in the rear pack for most of the race, until the end, when it mattered! Both Helio and Sharp got bumped pretty good, NASCAR style, during the race and went below the yellow line to recover. The NASCAR guys stuck together though, as predicted, and there numbers helped them prevail. Extremely close finish, with Johnson spinning after the checkered flag.

Here's the order:

1-Newman, NASCAR
2-Bush, NASCAR
3-Kenseth, NASCAR
4-Johnson, NASCAR
5-Kinser, World Of Outlaws
6-Castroneves, IRL
7-Harvick, NASCAR
8-Dixon, IRL
9-Sharp, IRL
10-Kvapil, USAC
11-Losocki USAC
12-Yeally USAC

All-in-all, a great race. Lots of action, and passing and all the drivers seemed to love it. Our guys faired well, although this type of racing is really a NASCAR strength, and they will be tough to beat, as usual. A million dollars goes to the winner of the series! Not bad for 4 races.

Danica Patrick