View Single Post
Old 18 Feb 2004, 23:45 (Ref:878856)   #50
Fireblade
Racer

Fireblade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Karts run at Bouley and Vel Des Terres in the Channel Islands. With impressive results. Although they participate in the run off at the end of the day they are in addition to the Championship registered cars, and are not unknown to get the top 3 Best Time's of Day.
Just see Roy Lanes face when they do it!!!

Hell will freeze I feel before the British mainland hills get a kart licence. There would be too much protest from the Top Dollar, oops, Class L boys for a kick off.
Yes they are quick I grant you that. The Trakstar entertained for sure but can you imagine a major incident at Shelsley or Loton in a kart? Would you want to be the 1st marshall on scene at an incident involving one? I am not a marshall I hasten to add, but have seen enough incidents on British hills to realise that a fatality would not be long in coming should they be allowed.

And talking of the big boys getting their own way. Just look back at Peter Needhams superlight Westfield and recall the protest that ensued. Their main objection is that for a much smaller budget the karts would steal their thunder.

Nice idea chaps but it aint gonna happen.

Does anyone remember a couple of years ago when they had some demo karts around prescott to entertain the punters over lunch?
They came out en masse and ran amok around the crossover before Riley (C of C)balled them out. He then made them go round in one at a time order.

Mind you does anyone remember lunchtimes on any other Mids hill besides Prescott