View Single Post
Old 20 Feb 2004, 18:20 (Ref:880672)   #9
csl
Rookie

csl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GP Racer
I saw an interview with Kenny last night on Speed Channel's "Windtunnel" show, with Dave DeSpane.

He looked and sounded great. His attitude is so positive and he can't wait to get back to racing. It's really amazing when you see that terrible crash, that he would ever want to get into a race car again, but he does, and he believes that the IRL is doing all that can be expected to make there races safe. Its a dangerous living. Amen brother! He sounds like a great guy and he's a fun interview too.

Her's a great comment: When asked what it meant to win the Indy 500, he said, its the greatest feeling in the world, because its the greatest race in the world, and everyone remembers you. Nobody remembers you when you win Mexico City or Portland!

Hmmm, a knock on CART perhaps?

I doubt he meant it as a knock on CART. Besides, that's just his thoughts being Swedish. If he was Mexican, a win there means more, like it did for PT to win in Canada. It's like comparing a sports car victory at Mid Ohio to LeMans.

I think he should stay out of open wheel racing. Touring cars or sports cars would be better.