View Single Post
Old 9 Mar 2004, 03:33 (Ref:898954)   #2
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not sure by what u mean "class 1" touring cars, but with regards to GT1 class cars, as u know they are sportscars, not touring cars, and as it stands at the moment we have cars similar to that of GT1, just look at the GTS class cars at LM, the times being set are as fast, if not a bit faster than the times set by cars like the Mclaren F1's, sure they arent a match yet for cars like the Toyota GT1, but they were really LMP GTP class cars and not true GT1 cars. Besides, we have cars like the Toyota GT1's, ie the LMP GTP machines like the Bentley EXP Speed 8.

With regards to the BTCC though, I do too beleive that the cars should have signifcantly more power than they currently have, like the STCC car days. I dont however think it would be in the intrests of the BTCC to go down the road of the DTM machines, they have a little too much power and too much downforce for my liking and subsequently there is a lack of overtaking, where as with the Super 2000 rules the racing is still very close, but the cars lack that little bit extra power that is needed i think, a boost to say 330bhp would be a good idea IMHO.