TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr V
Talking of silly
Well there is a difference between ignorance and wishing something might happen.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr V
Well, so far, you have one race to go on, and Sato finished......in exactly the same place that Villeneuve did the previous season. That, to me, is not wiping the floor.
Congratulations your silly comparison...is still silly!

The BAR of 2003 could not come close to compeating with any of the top four teams and Villeneuve's car only allowed him to finish 6 out of 16 races.
This year Button finished just over a second behind the BMW Williams of Montoya! Thus you cannot compare the results of Sato this year to Villeneuve last year, and if you really want to then JV is not equal but ahead of Sato in performance, (as Sato acheived his 9th place with a car that could have finished ahead of this position, JV did not have this luxury last year.)

Sato made obvious mistakes during the GP that I feel Villeneuve would most likely not have made due to his superior experience and as a former WDC. Of course this can never be proved but is at any rate a more sound argument than simply comparing the two by the order in which they finish over the season. I think most would agree JV would have done more with the BAR of this season than Sato did at the Aus GP.
Doesn't it seem sad that drivers like Fisichella, Coultard, Barrichello, and Ralf all have secure seats in F1, despite having had race winning cars for many more seasons than Jacques, yet failing to chalk up as many wins as he (let alone a WDC) that it is Jacques who doesn't have a drive in F1??? Sad indeed.