View Single Post
Old 10 Mar 2004, 16:34 (Ref:901006)   #49
yelodwg
Racer

United States
Arnold, CA, USA
yelodwg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BoatOwner, I was on the track this weekend with a lot of different classes of Formula cars and I found it quite interesting how some would blow my doors off down the straight, only to hold me up in the corners.

A few people turn their nose up at the fact I was using my 100cc on the long course, they would say, make sure you bring a book - you know, taking so long to get down the straight, I'd have time to read And it did take a long time, but since most of the course is turns, I'd have just as much fun in the corners as the faster guys. So I agree with you.

If you do get to come to the US and it happens to be in January, a fantastic fun fun fun race is put on at the California Speedway, Fontana, California. They use the front straight of the oval and then dive down into an infield course.

I suggest to any karter to at least TRY a long course, even if only once, just to see the difference. I describe the difference as "sprint racing magnified". E, does that description make any sense?

I still stand by my statement that the driver is much more of a factor than the engine, UNLESS the engine is wayyyy more powerful.

Tom