Thread: Super 1: TKM
View Single Post
Old 15 Mar 2004, 21:47 (Ref:906377)   #22
crozier74
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
crozier74 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only just got back home an hour ago, 600 mile drive, yeesh Sorry I didn't speak to you at some point during the weekend Sam, but it was really busy for me down there I was watching and cheering you on from the balcony for the A Final. Brilliant drive man, from near the back of the grid to 6th, very impressive, congrats! I think you need a

Had a pretty bad day to be honest, which wasn't helped by the frankly **** weather. Got fired off at the second corner in my first heat. Then in the second, Joel Mulholland got into a big slide right in front of me on the downhill run, and heavy braking in avoidance locked me up and I slid to a standstill right in front of everyone on the dummy grid Took ages before I got restarted, the poor standard of pushers was an irritation all weekend unfortunately Heat 3 was my best grid slot (3rd), but proved to be a disaster, having a clean run but just dropping right through the field and ending up about 17th.

Somehow, inspite of such poor heats, I ended up 3rd on the grid for the B Final, which I was quite surprised and pleased with, although also a wee bit ****ed off that if only I had bagged just a few more points with cleaner first 2 heats I might have qualified straight into the A. As it was, I had dropped to 5th by the 2nd corner, when I tried to duck back underneath fellow Scot Linda Rose on the exit, only to shunted from behind and into a spin. Again, it took bloody ages before I got restarted. The rest of the race was actually fairly enjoyable, just running on my own at the back, trying to catch the field, I seemed to be driving the best I had all day, it was just really flowing and the kart was handling well. I got some nice satisfaction (and revenge ) when I fairly rocketed up to catch boy Mulholland and pass him easily on the last lap With Cassey Watson being penalised a lap for taking to the shortcut, I ended up 3rd last, but still, I had fun in the B and came out of parc ferme with a smile on my face The championship looks a little bit better - 34th/39, ahead of a lot of the people I knew I was faster than, just behind ex-Scottish Super Series champ Rose and, most satisfyingly of all, ahead of fellow Scots lads Steven Napier and Cameron Craig, both of whom have bigger budgets and fancier equipment than me

Results here:
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/super1/4t_buck.html
So I ride out to the old sundown