View Single Post
Old 20 Apr 2004, 23:39 (Ref:946159)   #1
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
YRM - Important Notice!

Yahoo Racing Manager

Whats it all about?

YRM is webgame based (loosely) on Formula 1. It is played via 'turns' used each day combined with a budget given out each day (24 turns and $500,000 per day).

There are approximately 40,000 players all trying to win the World Championship. After each race all players are put into groups of 22 cars. These groups are based on your points so far and cash in the bank and change after every race. This means you are up against tougher competitors the better you do and keeps the game very difficult.

We have also formed a Ten-Tenths League. With Multiple cars from each player we now have over 100 cars! Our world championship is tough indeed as we fight out 2 championships (we call them F1 and F3000) as well as crown a drivers and Constructors championship for both. To date, yours truley is the undefeated world champion for everything so far. But I'm always looking for a challenge.

We even have our own hall of fame here : http://au.geocities.com/hallfame1010/fame.html

Sounds good, how do I get started?

Excellent question. First thing to point out is the game 'feels' a bit complicated when you first begin. As with al these games, throw out logic as it has no place here. We recommend all new players join the first season and just play around and learn the ropes with a championship challenge the following season (a new season starts every 12 weeks).

First up - this is the site http://uk.racingmanager.yahoo.net/

But I recommend you just go straight to the last post in this thread (dont bother reading it) and say hello, and ask for help. We have some good players, all of us started knowing zero, and we are happy to help new players.

Welcome and Good Luck