View Single Post
Old 22 Apr 2004, 10:06 (Ref:947674)   #12
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is why there in F3 though isn't it Paul? Your right, very few of them will make it but that's why they're in F3 because they believe they will make it and so they should be trained. Whatever they move up into the chances are it will involve pit stops be it F1, 3000 or GT's.

You can practice pit stops in the car park or whatever but you can't replicate a race situation where the pressures on. F1 teams must practice pit stops thousands of times but how many times do we see them getting it wrong?

I like racing pure as well but it could add another dimension to the more processional races? You also have to remember that F3 isn't for spectators it's for the industry. BTCC is for the punters, F3 has a job of training drivers for higher formulae, it isn't here to provide entertainment for the paying punters.

I havn't read Mike Baker's comments about F3 in autosport yet but I will with great interest. I'm sure whatever the man is probably very angry at the moment considering he built his drivers up as title contenders and so far they've both flopped!