View Single Post
Old 14 May 2004, 15:25 (Ref:971009)   #30
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Glen
It is disingenuous in the extreme to take the fact that occassional team orders mean that all his races are gifted to him - it is in fact an extremely race occurence. Rubens just can't get near Schumacher this year, simple as that and nthing to do with these contracts that all you priviledged guys have apparently seen.
Absolutely spot on Glen. The whole 'team-mate' as a lapdog thing is way over done. The point is that a vast majority of the time, Schuey has simpliy bean better than his team-mates. And on the occassions when they've been close, it's often been because the car is so good, and that is because Michael has worked hard to get it that way. Which brings me to my next point....

Quote:
Originally posted by freud
I really think that its an irony that all-time f1 records (50 years or so of sweat and blood) are being blown away so easily.
I hardly think it's been easy. What they have at Ferrari is a fantastic package, largely DUE to the work of Michael. Just ask Frank Willams and Patrick Head what they think of Michael's work-rate. The way some people go on, you'd think Michael came into F1 and was given the best cars straight away!