View Single Post
Old 14 May 2004, 17:13 (Ref:971100)   #1
Paceracing
Racer

Paceracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motor sport journalism

Is it me or do you sometimes read a report in a motor sport publication and find yourself asking "Did that particular journalist actually watch that race, or just make something up based on the results?". I'm not going to point the finger at any particular individuals, (although one name does spring to mind for their consistantly feeble and innacurate reporting) but from a couple of conversations with different people lately, (including non-competitors) I know i'm not alone in thinking this.
In the defence of good journalism, I recently spoke to a well known club motor sport journalist whom I feel always presents a good, informed, balanced and fair report of events, so i'm not making generalisations.
I don't have an axe to grind, but I just feel that competitors, organisers and teams put in a huge ammount of effort and it would be nice to see that recognised. At the end of the day, we are the people who purchase these publications and a bit of enthusiasm in some of the reports I read wouldn't go amiss.

What do you think? Am I being naive?

Jason.