Thread: Paid Officials
View Single Post
Old 8 Jun 2004, 09:07 (Ref:997021)   #8
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Andrew, I take your points but the circuits will not provide overals as we don't work for them, we work for the organising clubs. As for increased entry fees, I think thats the last thing the sport needs just now as the already high cost of racing is driving (excuse the pun) drivers away from participating.

I think it would be a good idea if some of the organising clubs were able to get overals sponsored as have the BMMC in the past and I'm not sure whether the BARC overals are subsidised or not.

The problem with paying marshals is you get into the realms of National Insurance and Income Tax (spits), another reason why I think most marshals would rather not be paid.

Breakfast or food vouchers is a good idea buy would fall on the organising clubs to provide and not the circuits.