Thread: Having doubts?
View Single Post
Old 10 Jun 2004, 10:09 (Ref:999479)   #24
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:"I see one driver that i like and i stick by it, no matter what."

Yepp, me too. But i won't exactly stop at one. It's more about the skill and the attitude that gets me hooked on a driver...

I won't exactly say i jump on the bandwagon of the current crops of drivers...i just follow who i admire, without really letting the hype get into me.

I wasn't one who jumped at the sight of JPM/Kimi. 4 years down, we know both didn't really fulfill the hype. I started of with cautions and some doubt, despite being aware of their potential...people were all raving how these guys would get into a good car and shatter MS, but i'd rather wait and see it happen.

I kinda warm up to the (different) skills these 2 guys showed...and it gains on me. They may not be perfect but their driving style/approach are interesting in certain ways, and i'm more and more convinced. But while i also grew to like the character of Kimi, i'm not quite as keen on JPM.

And lately, drivers like Button, Webber have a chance to show what qualities they possess, and i'm quite impressed with what i see. And that i guess is the main point, to judge things on what you see rather than listening to the hype.

Every new F1 driver came into F1 as the next big thing...and only the rare gem really shine.