View Single Post
Old 24 Oct 2012, 00:25 (Ref:3156789)   #65
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Revhead View Post
Are those barriers going to be similar to safe r barriers?

Puke has had more than one track change in its time, life will go on.
However I too agree that the back straight chicane needs to be done very carefully, would be good if it has 2 lines through it, would add another passing point to the lap.

As for run off at the hairpin several cars have gone off there, most get stopped in the sand but some do get further. Didn't Scott Dixon back a trans am lite into the barrier at high speed?

It's the front section I'm surprised about, not a lot of escape room anywhere along there.

The photographer with the busted leg, was that off the end of the front? Or off to the l/h side of the front? Been that many huge ones off the side I get them mixed up.
It might have been the last year the SC's were there, there is a spot at the end of the front straight on the left hand side, it was a sort of elevated box behind a barrier of some kind. Pretty much right in the firing line though, need to have the base-jumper mentality to want to stay there for any length of time.

I agree re the front straight, the 70m they have added is all due to the chicane, and the rest of the circuit has not changed at all except for a barrier here and there. I worry about that strip of grass on the entry to the front straight, I wonder if the barriers will cover that, meaning if you get it wrong you will kiss concrete rather than lose your L/H wheel(s) on the grass?