View Single Post
Old 13 Dec 2003, 17:26 (Ref:811042)   #17
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Nordic
You could look here www.racingpilot.com just go the the dvd section, there is a DVD called speed merchants on sale there, its by M Keyser (the guy who wrote french kiss with death) a driver in early 70s
it covers a whole season.
Nordic, thanks to your post I ordered it and got it yesterday : this movie is a "chef d'oeuvre" !

Thank you for the link, I owe you a (well, you'll have some glasses of wine anyway )...

I had a wonderful moment watching it... this is about the 1972 season (the death of Jo Bonnier is very moving, and sensitively "showed" - we don't "see" the accident, only the aftermaths and how Vic Elford ran to the Ferrari GT car to save the pilot from flames, while he was already out), from Sebring to the Ferrari victory, Mario and Vic Elford are "recitants", no rotten stuff around, just sportcars races and speed. The pictures are precisely in the Le Mans (the movie) mood, it looks like a prolongation of this one...

Chef d'Oeuvre !

PS : just one thing : I've been charged of 28$ plus 9$ for the trip (USA to France), and it went quite fast. Honest price I think... the DVD has no jacket.

Last edited by Fab; 13 Dec 2003 at 17:31.