View Single Post
Old 2 Jun 2020, 09:32 (Ref:3979744)   #6142
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
I wonder if Speedworks have acquired a particular Italian Hatch to go testing hybrid systems with? It was available and turnkey with little extra value than its parts so with hybridised as-is or gut to make their old Avensis a runner once again?
I guess there are a number of factors to consider.

If the internals need to be stripped back extensively to fit the hybrid components, why pull apart a complete car?
If the hybrid system is to be tested alongside a non-hybrid equivalent, then a car of which only one was built is not suitable.

I'm personally not seeing the logic of taking on another chassis when they already have a chassis that they have extensive knowledge of, and other examples exist that they could acquire if more spares or comparison is needed (including one with HMS).