View Single Post
Old 1 Sep 2005, 21:40 (Ref:1396809)   #61
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billnchristy
Does being a profit for Grand am entitle me to money?

I find it funny that some of you continue to slam Grand am instead of facing reality. If you are a privateer team in America there is only one place for you. Why? Ask the series who don't support you instead of blaming the one that does!!

PCM might buy a DP you say? Well, good for them, they can start competing for wins again.

You may not like Grand Am, their affiliations, the cars, the color of the shoes someone wears or whatever, but to act as if it is treason and mutiny to switch is downright silly.

If you are to keep racing and not look like a joke, there is but one place for you! (in America)

As for me liking NASCAR or whatever, NOPE...never have, never will and I have said numerous times here and other boards that if they start pulling stupid NASCARY stuff I will stop supporting it. However, it is up to me as I make my own choices.

As for NASCAR being a bad thing. I dont think so. I dont like it, dont support it and dont watch it..BUT...They are a NATIONAL series that rivals F1 in fan turnout. NO other national series comes close. Period. Most have their races where 80k + turn out, but nothing short of F1 can compare and they run around in stupid looking cars in circles...it is simply amazing...

I can understand jealosy, but how about giving a little respect for their success.

As for paying teams to be in Grand Am...yeah its called prize money. Do you really think someone wouldnt have blown a whistle if Ganassi and suntrust were getting paid and getting better equipment?

Prove it and I will believe it.
I'm not getting into this conversation again, so all I'm gonna say is we'll reconvene this debate in three years and talk again about where GARRA is heading. There are things coming up on the horizon that will make it more clear as apparently its not clear enought now.