View Single Post
Old 3 Apr 2024, 22:17 (Ref:4203783)   #307
mab01UK
Veteran

mab01UK should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmab01UK should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmab01UK should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmab01UK should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

Lydden Hill, early 70s.
Peter Vaughan : “If I had made that last 150yds to the line, It would have been a new lap record, & it was wet/raining. Hugh Weldon was running 2nd to me in the race & was just going around the elbow to go up hairy hill, whilst I was going down hairy hill to the finish on my roof. My fault, complete driving error, being too confident got the left front wheel on the grass coming out of the top bend of hairy hill thinking thats ok we will keep it smooth if i keep my foot down pulling approx 8000rpm in 3rd gear then changing into 4th she will pull herself out back onto the tarmac near the bottom steady for the chalk at mabbs. Little did I know that there was a deep ditch covered over by grass and my left front wheel went in it and dragged me over to the left and went up the bank and rolled back onto the circuit and finnished sliding down the track by the entry into the chalk bend at mabbs
All this happened whilst I was flat out in 4th gear, some where between 80 to 100mph. The accident did split the crash helmet on the right side.”
The Sporting Minis:-
https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=...8&locale=en_GB