View Single Post
Old 21 Jul 2012, 14:01 (Ref:3109462)   #52
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post
Um, should you replace Bahrain with Abu Dhabi, as well as replacing Fuji with Suzuka if ever?
It was just an example. Personally I would go to Autopolis (because the track looks interesting, but Suzuka would work) and Eastern Creek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by formerf1champ View Post
I Rosputnik doesn't have a bad idea. However, the older I get, the more I realise, that championships are overrated. There's only two that seriously count, the F1 and WRC titles. Everything else? It's all about winning big races in those series. A "World Sportscar/GT Championship", under any guise, is pointless. What does winning those series mean? Nothing. While it may only be one race and it's not called a "World Championship", the Le Mans 24 hour is , in effect, a World Championship event on it's own, even if it's an unofficial title.

My advice to improve the WEC, is not to have it. That is not having a crack at it.
I'd admit, I think I have spent too much time fantasizing about World Championships this and that (Maybe it's an age thing?), and seeing manufacturers pulling out and championships being culled over the past week does make you put things into perspective.

I still believe WEC is a good idea as an alternative to F1, but if everything falls down in the end I would be ok with a three or four round invitational/cup style events. If racing is failing to work as a marketing tool then it could be time to pull back and have an emphasis on the sporting side of things.

Last edited by I Rosputnik; 21 Jul 2012 at 14:08.