View Single Post
Old 28 Oct 2009, 21:02 (Ref:2571673)   #9
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster View Post
It would be interesting to compare lap times of this car with F3 and GP3 Series machinery, perhaps they are aiming this at the wrong market, maybe it ought to be a somewhat higher up series with a 2006-spec F3 car with a more powerful engine. F3 itself needs some fresh ideas in the rules to stop the aero brains getting them.
Don't quote me on it, but I don't believe the times were too far off a F3 car.

However they can adjust the power settings for the school and series. I think for the first days of the school they turn the power down to 160 hp, but again don't quote me on it.

I think with this school they were going the whole hog to have all the bells and whistles, however there is only a small market that can afford that, especially in this era.

Skip Barber has run racing series for a long time, but at a way lower price point. They have a mix of customers though, young guns, old timers, middle aged professionals and gen x gen y semi pro drivers that make up the business mix of revenue to keep all that going.