View Single Post
Old 21 May 2019, 13:04 (Ref:3905058)   #6
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
[QUOTE=GORDON STREETER;3905054I almost got run over by one in a local car park the other week because of the lack of any noise[/QUOTE]

No, you nearly got run over because you weren't paying attention. There are deaf people all over the world who manage to avoid being run over every day, despite not being able to hear cars coming.

I agree that they are spooky and it's easy to be caught out, but people should be bright enough to look where they're going and not need some audible signal that a car is approaching.

I think the problem at the minute is with range. Even if I only drive more than 100 miles in one trip every few months, it's often enough that would make electric too much of a hassle. Plus I don't want one. I'm keen to see them improve, I don't imagine I'll still have ICE in 15 years or so.

In terms of a buyer's guide, there are plenty of sensible articles already on the internet. Most will highlight the positives and negatives of each option
https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/electr...-cars-and-evs/