Thread: IMSA: 2020
View Single Post
Old 17 May 2020, 17:36 (Ref:3976777)   #536
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I'd agree with you on the Laguna race, Newsome is a bit angry lately and ruling like a dictator. He seemed to start strong but now is reactionary and almost punitive at times. I could also see the county not allowing fans at Laguna and that making management have to respond to the county about maintenance and is it worth it to run the race? Sadly it could end the track since there's a not small group wanting it closed already.

Daytona and Sebring feel like they will be fan free events regardless. It's tough to make rules for fans now and both would draw more than just locals. I could see maybe Sebring allowing small numbers and requiring fans to stay in the vehicle like a drive in movie. Not too sure if Daytona could do the same in the infield. But I think IMSA is more concerned with getting eyes on the cars and sponsors than fans in the stands.
No fans for Daytona and Sebring as confirmed in the IMSA article.