View Single Post
Old 10 May 2017, 14:35 (Ref:3732665)   #245
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
We all agree to disagree (and I'm not telling anyone here they are wrong - you're all entitled to your opinion, and mine is worth no more than yours), but 3:45 is the incident -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gOaDIIRlHI

He doesn't even pull alongside him into the braking zone - at that point you have to concede the corner. If you're not alongside by the time you're into the braking point, you don't have the right of way.
This makes sense and is all well and true for a conventional overtaking move. I can only assume that this wasn't a divebomb, but that Hartley thought Dumas was ceding the corner and letting him through, only to then turn in.

At the end of the day Hartley is the guy coming from deep and the onus is on him to get the move done without contact.

I'm at the point now where I find it hard to slate drivers for moves like this. They are making 100s of these decisions each race and over the course of time you're going to get some wrong. The alternative is you throttle back in every instance and lose time, and your seat. It's the reality of multi-class racing.