Old 30 Apr 2008, 19:39 (Ref:2191335)   #21
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazbaz_99
Capello's incident I have only seen from the in-car camera, but it looked like his car didnt lift up until it had hit the armco once or twice, so surely this was a factor in unsettling the car.
Dindo also "clipped" the Rollcentre Pesca as he moved to the right (you can see the clear change of direction in the video). This clearly contributed to the take-off. I could ask Vanina for more details since she was driving the Pesca but I think that one is clear, Dindo pulled a similar one on one of the Lizards at Sebring but a GT car has a different shape clearly which won't tilt the Audi sideways.... On the JCW one clearly the car lifts from the kerbstone hit and then gets sideways increasing the lift but almost immediately gets back on the ground. The Ortelli one is also one where the car lifts after getting sideways and the grass does not reduce speed as e.g. a gravel trap would do (even if that could have other negative effects as well). At that speed as well, losing all the downforce on that very fast sector increases the force of the lift causing that undesired effect. I think the strength and safety of the car is commendable and Stéphane was lucky to land with the bottom end on the car on the barrier. I stand to be corrected in all cases clearly but imho it had some similarities to Villeneuve's fatal accident at Zolder even when that one was caused by rotation differential in the touching wheels (Vielleneuve's front and Mass' rear) and the amplified lift cause by the wing car shape.