View Single Post
Old 28 Sep 2013, 11:54 (Ref:3310385)   #23
apexspeedtech
Rookie

apexspeedtech should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Syvecs in the mix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver 3 View Post
Instead of starting another thread I have an additional question-- anyone able to compare SYVECS system?
Internet forum info seems to be fairly narrow motorsport use( eg 1/4 mile)-- so interested in any info from wider motorsport community.
Syvecs are Life Racing ECUs. Life concentrates on selling to professional racing organizations and dealers, while Syvecs markets the same hardware to a broader customer base. They have excellent people working for them and are a good value. We enjoy tuning them and enjoy working with their people.

Every year, there are more and more good products out there. I think Syvecs, Pectel, EFI Euro and MOTEC all occupy the same mid-high end and up category. Almost any project that can you one of these ECUs will perform just as well and reliably with any of them. The difference is in their ease of use and customer support. Typically the better this is, the more you pay.

There are some ECUs that occupy a space above these, but ironically have less in terms of customer support and service because the users tend to be very experienced as they are. These include Bosch Motorsports, Marelli & McLaren ECUs. The top offerings from Pectel, MOTEC, Life & EFI Euro also occupy this space, and the lower end offerings from Bosch & Marelli bleed down into the mainstream MOTEC/Pectel/Life/EFI market but that doesn't necessarily make them a good choice.

I am particularly fond of Vi-PEC and the new AEM Infinity ECUs as they are traditionally occupy a tier lower than that of the MOTEC/Pectel/Life/EFI units, but have been moving upward in terms of quality and sophistication to the point where for many applications they are an equal or better value.

Sorry, meandering answer to a simple question....

-Neel