View Single Post
Old 29 Nov 2022, 14:24 (Ref:4135427)   #76
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
So, are you saying Ferrari's woes don't start at the top, Richard?
That is a deep question to unpack. It might imply many things.
Quote:
My point is that Ferrari F1 operates in a specific (and apparently difficult) environment. Of which many environmental factors are out of the control (or there is very little control) of whoever is at the top of the F1 team.
Quote:
Why does it seem to be hard for Ferrari to find success? What are those drivers that determine success or failure? Might be it hard for a single person to solve or mitigate enough of those to make the team a success? Are they empowered to solve the problems?
So along my earlier thinking (above quotes), I agree with Joe https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2022...from-poitiers/ Here is a quote from that blog post (bold is from me)...

Quote:
As to what happens after the Binotto’s funeral pyre burns out, we will have to see. The only people who seem to want the job are people who are not qualified to do it. There have been some pretty wild rumours which I think probably reflects Ferrari’s struggle to find a suitable replacement. It is a poisoned chalice, with far more chance of failure than success, unless the chosen one is given complete freedom and the high-ups at Ferrari are kept out of the equation. Todt did it by insisting that he be left alone and was able to develop the right atmosphere within the team.
You just have to wonder how hard it is for ANYONE to do the job correctly if the overall Ferrari environment might be nearly impossible to navigate.

If Joe is correct (the problem is empowerment and meddling from above), does anyone really think the odds are high that if they just swap anyone else into that role without other changes is going to do a substantially better job than Binotto?

Richard