View Single Post
Old 24 May 2013, 08:46 (Ref:3252549)   #1
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
V8 SuperTourers Round 3 - Pics/Results/Rumour

For the love of Allah, please be nice and behave.

Anyway, round three this weekend as we know. The category getting a lot of exposure - just saw it on 7 Sharp via a McLaughlin piece, and it appears it'll also come up on Prime possibly (Josh Kronfeld does the odd bit-part on CGW, doesn't he? He was in the Gizmobile today). Look out for McLaughlin popping up on 'Sunday' at some stage too.

A selection of characters went down to Pukekohe Highschool in the afternoon - including man-of-the-hour McLaughlin, Gaunt/Waite, Kofoed/Farrier, "local hero" Paul Manuell, Huggi, and a school of Swifts. These are great little exercises I think. Many free passes handed out to the kids - though I didn't catch what kind of passes they were.

Points deducted from Puke High for the used condom found just chilling on the court-yard. Mmmm, classy.

Walked around today with the camera. It was an interesting - if uneventful day. Interesting things seen/heard:

- International Motorsport dusted off their second car for the day (the one for sale), but only to use for hot-lap duty. Both cars were sporting sponsorship from V8ST themselves, via the latest promotional thingamabob they made public the other day.

- Heard from a solid source that the TV deal with "____" is hardly saving the category any coin - with he-who-must-not-be-named upping the price late in the piece. Word was that making the coverage delayed through whatshisname, the series is only saving a minuscule 15k over their usual price. Bad. Again, this is just what I've heard.

- I got a shock when I saw a spider-cam hovering down the front-straight, and a bunch of guys running around with neat camera rigs and so-on - but alas they were filming some speed-comparison thing. For the main event there will only be a sparse '9' cameras, so I've heard.

Here's a handful of random snaps from the day:

My full set of snaps from today are on the Facebook machine for anyone who wants a peep. It's a nuisance trying to upload pics while capped. Still plenty more to be uploaded tonight before the big day tomorrow.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...e=3&uploaded=4

So, who's gonna win? Who's gonna lose? Who's gonna....finish somewhere in the middle.

Mods, feel free to slam the hammer of justice on this thread if it gets out of hand.