Thread: LM24 The Le Mans experience
View Single Post
Old 17 Jun 2004, 10:54 (Ref:1006690)   #38
Javi
Veteran

Javi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It has been the fourth consecutive time going to LM, and I promise to keep going. It´s 1200 Km from Madrid, so it´s a long journey to be there just a little more than 48 hours, but it is really worth the effort. Prices are very nice if you consider what´s on offer. I´ve been to some F1 races, and, due to my work, with some nice tickets, but I ve never been so close to the cars (even the pitlane) as in Le Mans with a general enclosure...
But, the best, the very best of LM is the people going there. The atmosphere in the parkings and campings is just great. I don´t know in UK or France or wherever, but I do promise everyone that, at least in spain, it is impossible to see a Ferrari 550 maranello (or Porsche GT3, or Lotus, or Lamborghini, or..) owner with a tent and sleeping by his car, completely drunk.., just as normal people do.
Le Mans is attended by people of every social class that LIKE motor racing. Formula 1 is attended by (not all, for sure) some people who want to be seen there, just for the "glamour" and don´t care much about the racing.
I just love it!!!!