View Single Post
Old 19 Mar 2023, 20:29 (Ref:4148345)   #1823
coffinpilot
Racer

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus_r View Post
This is a very important point and it absolutely baffles me how they can be so stuck in the past.

A good example is Mini Challenge; every race was available to see on YT back when it was on the British GT package, but nowadays I don't watch any of it because I have no interest in seeing just one race over a weekend..
I like the Touring Cars Masters from Down Under - brilliant stuff!

I think Ginetta Jr will take a massive hit on the GT bill. Even if the fees are lower, and the running costs drop, less races if I'm right, for those raising funds on TV exposure (some sponsors still fall for that) who can't fund the kids, it's going to bomb once TOCA bring in their own junior series. I expect it will initially do better than the GT5 viewing figures when it supports Brit GT - but they're on separate streams - Ginetta Jr will be a devalued series in three years. Unless they clean it up as a GT feeder series.

On the searching for streams, I'll be interested to see if TCR stick with the BRSCC main feed, or split off for their own rounds. Even though it's on the up, I don't expect the streaming to be huge.