View Single Post
Old 6 Jan 2019, 11:50 (Ref:3874257)   #22
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I feel like there's a line that's been crossed. We're all aware they have opinions, and in previous years I've really enjoyed listening to those opinions. I think sometimes an opinion really adds to the discussion because it's usually followed by some sound reasoning that more often than not can change my own opinion on a situation. But recently it's been more about aggressively asserting these opinions at every opportunity. Often I agree with the opinion being said, but I feel the way it's communicated is over-aggressive and I find it exhausting. I do not feel relaxed after listening to these podcasts anymore.

It's easy to assume that what I just said is aimed purely at JH, but it isn't - it applies almost industry-wide. Martin Haven has become very like that too recently. Martin has always been a brilliant character and tended to fall on the ranty side. But now it feels like he's becoming a parody of himself, where rants and arguments are the norm. There were a couple of uncomfortable points in the WEC commentary where he'd argue with the subject experts. It's like they're playing up the funny characters they've been given. It's strange.

On a positive side, there was the new pit lane reporter, Diana Binks (IIRC) on IMSA Radio last year - she was a breath of fresh air. Professional and well spoken. Excellent job in the pit lane. And although Nick Daman comes close to over the ranty line in MWM, his pit lane reporting has also stepped up a notch recently. He's always been good and I've never once thought he could improve, but he's done it anyway. He can be ranty, but it's usually less of an argument. Really enjoy Nicks stuff.