View Single Post
Old 21 Oct 2006, 01:08 (Ref:1743720)   #83
I love 04s
Racer

United Kingdom
I love 04s has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Another equation to add into all of this which somehow I think a lot of people have overlooked: A car is only as good as its driver. Simple fact; some drivers are quicker than others therefore give a different rep'n of a car/chassis performance.

Audi have some of, if not THE best drivers and pit crews in the sportscar world. - Fact

The same drivers and crews in the best of the petrol powered world, would = very good times & race pace.

Put Audi's drivers in a Zytek (they are the my example of a team who have really suffered this season from not having the fastest drivers, esp at Le Mans - until SJ came along!), and I think you would find that Le Mans pace is something that falls into the lap of the driver more than the car. Brabham's qualifying lap in 2004 in the 04s, followed by Wallace's opening stint is testament to this. Don't get me wrong, AW is a great and extremely reliable driver but for outright pace?

Are the R10s too fast at the moment, no - it's that the top petrol powered car's pit stops/drivers are not good enough and it is creating an illusion that Audi are wrongfully paying for.