View Single Post
Old 17 Sep 2004, 17:48 (Ref:1099578)   #8
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by TerryC
I think to help with the financial burden, Jan should consider possibly selling the second Dome and concentrate on just one car for the next season. I hope things will work out for the team. Go RfH!
Yes, but I think it's not easy to sell the car.

Quote:
Originally posted by tblincoe
i can solve lammers financial woes right now:

-scrap the checkerboard sponsorship scheme, it only gets you enough cash to race at lemans and a couple of other events... maybe. no big sponsors will come as they can't be identified on the car.
I think they have this checkerboard sponsorship scheme because they were not able to get a big sponsor. Last year Lammers said in an interview that this sponsorship scheme delivered more money to the team then Spykers main sponsor Orange. The checkerboard livery generated a lott of (local) media attention in Holland. But I have to agree it's time for a new livery.

Quote:
Originally posted by tblincoe
-stop whining about the P675 cars... everybody else who has a P900 is dealing with it. you want sponsors? you have to race in more than one race.
Agree 100%

Quote:
Originally posted by Paddy_NL
At LeMans this year, some of the crew were talking about looking for a new chassis for next year. But reading the story I get the feeling nothing will be theirs. It will be a test car for various suppliers, without RfH paying a single dime for it. At least, that should be their plan.
I think you are right. But who are these suppliers? With Judd selling/leasing engines to Pescarolo, Nasamax, Taures and Rollcentre I don't think they are giving RfH engines for free. Or are they using Mugen engines next year? Probably Dunlop supplies them with tyres for free and will Dome help the team.

RfH needs more races (LMES) otherwise they will no longer be able to race for best non-factory entry. With RfH only racing LM and Kondo racing LM and 1 LMES race the Domes did't do much laps, so I am afraid the cars are not further developed.

To attract international sponsors it's maybe better to drop the Racing for Holland name and rename the team to Jan Lammers Racing. I can imagine international sponsors are not interested in RfH because of the team name. Same is for some drivers. For example the Danes John Nielsen, Carsten Elgaard en Jens Moller drove in a red-white (Danish colors) Lister at Le Mans. I can imagine these Danish drivers were not interested in RfH because of the name Racing for Holland. Or am I talking nonsense?