View Single Post
Old 13 Apr 2010, 16:48 (Ref:2672116)   #320
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
How very sad.
I want quality not quantity.

Although TV coverage can be patchty, I can watch not far off 20 ACO races per year, in reality only half a dozen of those events will show sportscar racing off to it's best in 2010.

I'm a football fan first and foremost, there are also other motorsport series to follow. I have to prioritise, and for that matter so do the manufactuers.

This year I'm interested in Sebring, Spa, Le Mans, Silverstone, PLM and the Asian LMIC round, you can probably add some more post Le Mans ALMS events too, as they tend to attract interesting bonus entrants.

I know were you are coming from, this is a dilema for the ALMS, they want every US race to be like an LMIC round (potentially), with manufactuer battles like the ALMS saw in 2007-8, if that can be replicated, good luck to them.

Those same worries aren't an issue for the LMS, most rounds were watched by one man and his dog, while the best events are now part of the LMIC.

After getting a glimpse of what the LMS could be, and hopefully what the LMIC will be, when Audi and Peugeot battled in 2008, what is currently served up in P1 doesn't really cut it.

That's before you even consider the huge marketing input the manufactuers put into the series.

This is really going over the same old ground as previous posts.