View Single Post
Old 17 May 2023, 16:23 (Ref:4156605)   #9
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I'm confused how to respond now.
The official statement makes no reference to either 'postponed' or 'cancelled'?

https://twitter.com/F1/status/165879...Mto5GCtuA&s=19

If you scroll down a little way on that Twitter feed, someone has put some drone footage of the scene including the paddock area. I cannot understand why so many trucks plus other easily moveable items have been left to be flooded.

I understand that they possibly couldn't dismantle some of the temporary structures in time, but surely they could have driven those very expensive artics on to higher ground. It's not as if they didn't know that the water levels were rising, or did they just not care because they would possibly be covered by insurance?