View Single Post
Old 18 May 2023, 17:49 (Ref:4156746)   #16
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
first off, absolutely agree with the cancelation and a fair amount of respect for FIA/FOM for getting it right this time around. tricky situations with weather, particularly extreme weather events, but seems that the way it played out they were at least able to act more proactively which is appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I'm confused how to respond now.
The official statement makes no reference to either 'postponed' or 'cancelled'?

https://twitter.com/F1/status/165879...Mto5GCtuA&s=19
vague wording aimed at how payments/insurance works when these types of events can not go ahead?

if thats the case, then understandable of course.

as these extreme weather events become more common and the unfortunate reality that no venue location is immune from this happening (welcome to the present future of our planet i guess), i can not help myself to wonder what protocols F1 have in place to deal with our uncertain climate future?

disruption to transportation corridors, will late season race cancelations be treated differently, should teams be allowed to make up the loss of track time and return to in season tests at their local tracks, how are current year budgets affected and presumably how the loss of revenue for missed events play into the cap structure etc etc?