View Single Post
Old 31 May 2008, 02:03 (Ref:2215678)   #2
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmow
Can we bring food and beverage into the track/grandstand or do we have to buy it there?
Should be no problem bringing it in but don't expect to find ice for sale at a local 7-11.

Quote:
We have parking passes for the Rouge lot. I know these are not reserved, but do they sell more passes than spots? What time do we need to arrive to be guaranteed a parking space?
I have no information about parking passes as I was a corner worker in '99 - '02 but plan on getting there early anyway. How is your French?

Quote:
We are planning to be at the track for the entire race, but we are not camping. A friend who drives in the Le Mans Classic said he rents a cot in a big tent for sleeping. Is this normally offered at LM24, too? Or can we bring a sleeping bag and stretch out in the grandstands? Is sleeping in the car really not allowed?
I would imagine the restrictions on sleeping in cars is related to cars parked on a public right of way. I don't think anyone would object if you slept in the car in the car park.

Quote:
Any other tips for first timers?
Thanks in advance.
You might enjoy the stories of my adventures. Start HERE for general information. Then 1999 , 2000 , 2001 and finally 2002 . They are probably considered `vintage' by now and I am sure that "The Village" has lost it's `charm' and the roads hve been improved. That being said, I wish I could join you and show you around.

Check the other Le Mans threads and try to meet up with the rest of the 10ths crew at noon on SAT.

PM with questions.

Last edited by thebear; 31 May 2008 at 02:06.