View Single Post
Old 10 Jun 2022, 17:49 (Ref:4114060)   #193
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcug View Post
I really doubt they had any hopes for pole. What they wanted was to be in front of both Glickenhauses and try to somehow survive the straights. Once getting overtaken by a Glickenhaus, it will be very difficult for them to take the position back.
I disagree. It appeared to me that they really wanted it, as evidenced by the sheer joy in the radio transmission to Lapierre after the lap had just finished. Being in front of the Glicks on the grid is as we know, relatively meaningless in any endurance race, let alone this one, and if the Glicks have better straight line speed they'll probably be ahead by Mulsanne on the first lap anyway. I think they threw caution to the wind to try and get pole on the basis that they were prepared to take the risk of having their performance checked again for the glory of being on pole.