View Single Post
Old 11 Dec 2022, 04:40 (Ref:4136752)   #13
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by P38 in workshop View Post
I don't think one man is capable of bringing about the change necessary to become consistent winners.This week we have had Gunther Steiner telling the world that the engine ought to be great,and he might be right,but the others haven't been sitting on their hands.Additionally,if we look back eleven months or so,Ferrari had a very strong package and proceeded to squander the advantage it gave them.Short of closing the whole place and moving it to somewhere between Milton Keynes and Reading its hard to see significant changes occurring.
I don't think moving it to Reading would help any more than when the design office was moved to the UK.
The problems aren't on the shop floor in spite of Binotto's apparently ambivalent leadership.
He had a process in mind and was consolidating growth step by step.
Yes, there were apparent failures, but we don't really know what was going on.
There is no doubt he was protecting some individuals, but the heads will roll style isn't going to build a cohesive team.

As far as boom or bust is concerned I think 2023 will start with a competitive top three team's car but there will be a collapse three or four races in and morale will sag.