View Single Post
Old 12 Jul 2005, 07:43 (Ref:1353259)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I confess I'm struggling to identify a worst sportscar driver. I always used to look through the List des Engages for Le Mans and see who the slowest qualifier was - but that doesn't mean much as some gentleman drivers don't exactly get a fair share of the qually time on Wednesday and Thursday!

I guess it depends on whether we're talking about consistently poor driving or just the odd crass manoevre. Strangely, the only thing that comes to mind for me is the aforementioned Julian Bailey in the Nissan at Le Mans in 1989 (I think), when he charged like a madman in the opening laps and punted off John Nielsen at Mulsanne Corner.

I also loved the footage from 1989 of Johnny Dumfries trying to get his wounded Toyota back in the fray when it had mucho damage and a camera wrapped around it. Ian Titchmarsh's comment at the time was priceless - "Last year's winner, this year's mechanic...". (Not that I'd suggest that Johnny was the worst driver......).