Thread: LM24 Race Start at 4pm instead of 3
View Single Post
Old 18 Oct 2019, 10:38 (Ref:3935390)   #23
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Really? P3 is just as sterily spec and proam as P2 is (in fact there might actually be more variety in it than P2 next year with the upgraded cars) and GT3 is... GT3, whether one likes it or not. How is that more sleep inducing than spec Ferrari Challenge / Porsche Cup / AMR Festival support race, or parade laps from street cars

Anyway yes MEL is what is actually needed... Or even Peter Auto's version of it
I think RTLM is more interesting that the Ferrari and Aston stuff certainly. Variety is one thing (and I respect that you value that a lot), but my biggest issue with the races is they are just thoroughly unimpressive to watch trackside. The driving talent skews waaaaay towards the AM side of the spectrum.

I think the best support race I remember in my nine years was the 2014 Carrera Cup event. And I think a lot of that boiled down to the driving talent on display that day.

Found this video when Googling the year - https://youtu.be/olEYg62Y7RQ

When I was watching that it felt like it actually mattered who won it.