View Single Post
Old 3 Nov 2023, 01:49 (Ref:4184122)   #205
GreenMachine
Racer

Australia
Canberra
GreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for posting that GTB.

I hope they have other plans for noise amelioration, those mounds look good but will do little beyond being spectator mounds. I suspect that the noise-related hype about the mounds is PR, and when there are noise complaints they can say 'hey, we did our best, and spent lots of $$ on those mounds', and then fall back on their policing of noise limits.

I think I have seen something about buying them up neighbors, that works but there are obvious limits to that strategy (if in fact they are doing it).

Managing noise is extremely difficult, just ask the road authorities about dealing with noise complaints from busy roads. However good intentions, good neighborhood relations, and demonstrably trying hard to control the noise goes a long way, and works to keep a decent balance between legitimate recreational activity and the neighbors' 'quiet enjoyment' of their rural ambience!