Thread: Tour Auto 2009
View Single Post
Old 2 May 2009, 07:50 (Ref:2453999)   #25
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Thanks for those Pieter.We passed your vehicle on Tuesday afternoon when you were taking shoots from road side.
The car by the way is a 356 2 litre Carrera GT.One of six built by Porsche in period .
Chassis 125107.
I'll check with the chief if we have more shots. We were quite out of sync with the regularity groups, due to the starting order on the first two days, which saw the competition class leave first. It is simply impossible to shoot all the cars in the same place and when moving you will always miss a few. (on the other hand, when you participate you hardly get to see the other cars....)
Anyway, here are some UK cars from the first group, including two MGSAs with almost the same license plate. If there is a story behind that I would love to hear it. The cars along the roadside were shot very late on Monday afternoon, so quality is not that good.The GSA was one of my personal favourites (together with th very noisy SMs) The Flaminia we saw on tuesday afternoon along the road, with apparent trouble. (It was also striking how many cars had to be refueled along the roadside, I would think one of the thing someone would keep track of is the mileage...)
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7502.1.JPG   IMG_7468.1.JPG   IMG_6916.1.JPG  

IMG_7515.1.JPG