View Single Post
Old 16 Nov 2007, 13:02 (Ref:2068825)   #97
stradlin21
Veteran

England
Near Leeds, UK
stradlin21 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by climb
Franchitti is a different story; as i told before, He had any intention to retire, but the unexpected 2007 convinced him to keep on driving.

Hornish, on the contgrary is still young and has, via Penske organisation, a chance to go Nascar, then I don't believe that, had he stayed one more year in IRL, he would have found unpredictable motivations.

His aim is Nascar, we've known it for years.

About appeal to casual fans, you're easily right, but had Panther followed the same reasoning about Sam 5 yrs ago....

More in general, drivers are expected to pass by, IRL's strenght is in their major teams, which are staying
yep, of the 4 big teams in the states (Penske, AGR, Ganassi and NHL) the IRL has three of them and that is where the strength is, thats going to amount 9 very strong cars next season and plus we await to see what Panther and Rahal bring to to the table, the Patron car had strong spells last season and I think the #8 team will step it up more in 2008, be great to see Sharpie in victory lane again.

It was first mentioned around 2003 that Hornish was interested in NASCAR but opted to stay in the IRL moving from Panther to Penske, it's worked out well for him that Penske has been able to move him into his NASCAR cup team

Like i've said before, way to much has been made of this and although it doesn't surprise me given the motives of various people I believe we have now more than exhausted this topic