View Single Post
Old 14 Aug 2023, 08:53 (Ref:4172676)   #357
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
The closed-shop approach is concerning. Teams cannot be trusted to operate in the best interests of overall sporting competition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Out of interest, in what other sports can you just rock up and join the top table when you choose to do so?
In comparison to other sports - I see similarities with the current set up and the franchise model of some US Sports.

If we take examples there - Inter Miami springs to mind. Established in 2018, the team started playing in the MLS from 2020 as part of a league expansion.

I guess in terms of F1, perhaps we are reaching a situation (particularly when it comes to venues and teams) where a conference style approach would be an option? One series running in Europe, the other running in the Americas, Asia etc. Then the top teams from each conference coming together for a 3-race series in the Arab States?