Thread: WEC FIA WEC calendar
View Single Post
Old 29 Apr 2024, 20:57 (Ref:4207027)   #179
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am sort of having a dig at the place, and not.

While there are seemingly a few hundred thousand people prepared to pay massive amounts to watch f1 there, they are obviously prioritising that, they were struggling with it (due to the way it is funded and hosted) for years and they are now in a position where they can make serious money from it.

Hotels also clearly make money from meetings and hosting events, great idea. but little things like the bridge being only for their guests, when access to the Wing is so awful for the public!

The hotel, Escapade, and various others things are linked to this event aswell, I hardly think many of those flats will be hired out for clubbies or British GT or BTCC, they might be, but unlikely, but for f1 and MotoGP praps they will fetch a silly price.

My point being, this place now feels like some sort of half arsed theme park where you can see bits and bobs but the best seats and stuff cost big money like skipping the queue, it already costs you a fortune to go in but for just a bit more here you can skip to the front, you get my meaning?

When I first started going there, yes F1 was the big thing, but it seemed to me that they would have loads of things on there, WEC, Renault Day, WSBK, more than one BTCC round, BSB, GT racing, F3000, you name it.

Those days have gone in favour of maximising profit for 5 days a year, I get it, it makes business sense, but it also loses the spirit, the little element of magic that there once was there.

Would it really be so hard to allow access to an area to watch testing, most other venues do. I am sure some would even pay. It would not make them any money and if it's F1 teams fair enough no access, but for pre Goodwood, Classic, it cant hurt can it, but you just get s terse 4 sentence reply saying we don't allow access with no explanation.

It's the little things chap, that is my point.