View Single Post
Old 20 Sep 2007, 12:07 (Ref:2018842)   #367
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jna
No, I don't think they did a grand job. A grand job would have been firstly to have contacted those in authority to tell them that a very high percentage of those in line do not have the tickets with 'PW' on them, so something has gone wrong. The next step would have been for that assistance, or if that was not available or forthcoming, one of the three members of staff/security standing at the gate to have walked down the line pointing out to people that if their ticket was not as described above it was pointless queueing as they would not be allowed access to the pit lane. Instead, they allowed the situation to fester, and people waited in line unnecessarily. A bit of lateral thinking was required, but it was sadly lacking.
A Grand job from my perspective. The people on the gate are Security. Perhaps you should write to Events Management to complain about their staff doing their job, but not going that extra bit for you/the people in the queue as you seem to believe they should.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jna
With regard to the advertising of the 'event', if the Walk was in the timetable on the web and in the programme purchased by the 'general public' that in my mind is telling those who have paid to access the race track that the Walk is for the public. If is was a corporate hospitality event or whatever it should have been designated as such and/or not featured in publicity available to all.
Did anything - at any time - state that the walkabout was open to the General Public? When I've seen timetables in the past GA walkabouts tend to have "open to all" or such verbage alongside. A timetable - no matter where it is published - is not just for the general public, but for teams and officials too, and is a guide as to what to expect at any one time. Again, a timetable ISN'T an advert, it is a stated list of the running order.